The website of the Université de Montréal Marguerite-d'Youville Research Chair on Humanistic Nursing Interventions is used to support contact with both the general public and members of the scientific community interested in learning more about the Chair’s achievements and activities.
The following rules have been applied to ensure the accessibility of the content of the Chair’s website:
- Text display
For individuals with low vision, we recommend either:
- Controlling the basic text size (3 levels: A, A, A) using the buttons located in the upper right corner of the page
- Adjusting the text size of the website using the browser’s options (the steps required may differ, depending on the browser).
- Text descriptions are provided of all significant images when they are not specifically described in the text they illustrate.
- The layout does not use invisible images.
- Images are only used when no other HTML element exists to convey the information.
French is the primary language used in the design of the website. However, users can benefit from an English-language version of most of the site's basic content. The desired language can be selected in the upper right-hand corner of the site’s pages. It specifies the main language of each page along with the required attributes.
- Special attention has been paid to simplifying browsing through the site’s pages (menu, breadcrumb trail, navigation area on the left side of the page, site map at the bottom of the page, search box that appears when the user clicks on the magnifying glass icon).
- The navigation menus reflect how the information is structured.
- Adjacent links are separated as much as possible by printable characters to help assistive technologies easily distinguish between them.
- Browser compliance
The site has been tested on:
- Edge under Windows;
- Firefox under Windows and MacOS;
- Safari under MacOS and iOS;
- Chrome under Windows and MacOS.
If you have any accessibility issues, please contact us.